WMTA Student Activities
- Fall Festival - Fee: $15. (Non-members pay $25 Participation Fee and $30/student Entry Fee. Open to all students. Click for Guidelines, Entry Form and Judging Sheet, to be completed for each student and submitted with entry form and check for fees.
- Sacred Music Festival - Fee: $15. Click for Guidelines, Entry Form and Judging Sheet.
- Spring Festival - Fee: $15. (Non-members pay $25 Participation Fee and $30 entry fee.) Festival runs concurrently with Young Artist Contest. Guidelines, Entry form, Judging Sheet
- Young Artist Contest - Fee: $20. (Non-members pay $25 Participation Fee and $40/student Entry Fee.) Students perform two selections based on repertoire requirements. Click for Instructions, Young Artist Entry Form, and Judging Sheet, to be completed with entry form and check for fees.
Public Performance Guidelines
- Students should report to the recital director at least ten minutes early.
- Teachers may present private students only in the teaching areas for which they are listed.
- Entries should be sent to the recital director by the published deadline. On WMTA recitals, teachers may submit up to five entries.
- The decision regarding duplication of numbers on one program will be left to the director. No substitutions may be made after the program has been printed.
- Performers are expected to exhibit proper stage decorum. After performing, the student should step forward and bow to the audience.
- Dress code: Students should wear attire appropriate for church. Girls should wear dresses or pants outfits; boys should wear dress shirts and slacks, no jeans.
Student Affiliate Activities and Fees
Information about Texas Student Affiliate activities may be found in the Student Affiliate Handbook.
Local Activities and Fees:
Local Activities and Fees:
- Dues - $12 from October 1-December 31; $20 from January 1 - May 1. Make check payable to WMTA. No enrollments after May 1.
- Convention Ensemble Programs - Entry Fee: $20/student. Student Affiliate members who have passed the appropriate state theory test may participate in one of the convention ensembles.
- Original Composition Contest - Entry Fee: $25/solo, $30/ensemble. Entrants must have passed the appropriate state graded theory test.
- Performance Contests - Entry Fee: $20. Pre-collegiate entrants must have passed the appropriate state theory test. Divisions and instructions are found in the Student Affiliate Handbook.
- Publication Contest - Entry Fee: $20. This activity is designed to promote excellence in research and publication. Topics are listed in the Student Affiliate Handbook.
- Theory Program - Entry Fee: $7. Designed for Student Affiliate members in grades 1-12. Tests are administered twice a year in a formal classroom setting. Medals are awarded for scores of 90 and above. Medals are $5. Study materials at tmta.org.
- World of Music - Entry Fee: $7. Music history study from curriculum published by TMTA, grades 1-12. Test is administered once a year in the spring. Medals are awarded for scores of 90 and above. Medals are $6. Study materials at tmta.org.